Honey Mustard Chicken & Potatoes (ONE PAN)
Honey mustard chicken & potatoes is all made in one pan! Juicy, succulent chicken pieces are cooked in the best honey mustard sauce, surrounded by green beans and potatoes for a complete meal!
Another Mommy inspired recipe, the flavour combination of honey and mustard makes this chicken one of the best recipes.
Honey mustard sauce
It’s the sauce. The sauce may taste strong before it goes into the oven, which is a good thing. Once the chicken start to release their natural juices while baking, that’s where the magic begins. The honey mustard turns into salty/sweet pan juices, with a kick of garlic and an unmistakable mustard tang.
One pan chicken and potatoes
If there’s a recipe I recommend you try, its this one. There’s really nothing better or easy than cooking potatoes and chicken in the one pan, saving you dishes and oven trays, with pan juices soaking into the meat and potatoes while roasting in the oven.
That’s the liquid gold, right there.
I added green beans in to complete the meal, but it’s not my favorite, I prefer:
Prep Time: 10 minsCook Time: 55 minsTotal Time: 1 hr 5 mins Servings: 4 people Ingredients
- 4-5 chicken thighs bone in, skin on or off
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1-1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 500 g potatoes quartered
- 250 g green beans halved (OPTIONAL)
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary (My favorite touch)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Generously season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-proof non stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes each side, until the skin becomes golden and crisp. Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for added flavour, and drain any excess.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan around the chicken for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, mixing well, and combine all around the chicken.
- Add in the potatoes; mix them through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to your tastes. Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to the hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through to the bone and no linger pink in the middle.