ASICS and ASICS sport style is dominating the sneaker game lately. There’s one shoe I am particularly fond of for several different reasons.
Let’s get right into it… here is my ASICS GEL CUMULUS Shoe Review and why I personally own 3 pairs.
WHAT ARE THE ASICS GEL CUMULUS?
A REAL REVIEW BY A REAL CHICK FOR MY REAL FRIENDS
Just so you know… the brand didn’t ask me to review them. Basically, you can trust that this is my honest opinion.
Here is all the info so you can decide whether these sneakers are right for you.
QUICK SUMMARY: ASICS GEL CUMULUS SHOE REVIEW
ASICS GEL CUMULUS SHOE is highly recommended by both professional critics and the general public (I read lots of sneaker reviews lol). Also, I am a raving fan and own 3 pairs myself. They’re stylish, comfortable and very practical. I recommend them as the “most versatile workout sneaker” because of the multitude of activities they are suited for. And, they’re available at a great price point.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE ASICS GEL CUMULUS SHOE:
- Stable Feel: you’ll notice they provide a super comfortable feel.
- Comfort: the standout fit feature of these sneakers is the comfort. They’re not too lightweight. They’re not too bulky. They are a shoe you could easily wear all day and find comfortable.
- Streamlined Appearance: overall, my favourite part of the shoe (sorry I’m about a “cuteness” factor) is the appearance. They’re a classic ASICS style with a streamlined, modern day look.
- Price: these are some of the most quality sneakers on the market today. Prices range from R1800 – R2200 depending on the retailer and colour.
- Versatility: I can wear these sneakers for just about every workout and activity: Distance running, walking, lifting, circuits, errands, etc., which makes them a smart purchase for sneakers.
- Supportive yet lightweight: this is a combination I look for. Supportive sneakers can be bulkier. Lightweight sneakers can feel flimsy. The Gel cumulus are the perfect combination.
- Sole is Ideal for Movement: A Flyte Foam midsole teams up with rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning for a smooth, lightweight ride that maintains full contact with the ground.
CONS FOR THE ASICS GEL CUMULUS SHOE:
- Sizing: I purchased my usual ASICS size of UK 7 (US 9) which is one size bigger than what I normally wear in normal shoes. This is pretty common for me with ASICS. Now, I know this going forward.
- Width: these offer a nice width, especially in the toe box; I think this adds to the comfort. I do have a pretty narrow foot. I can tighten with the laces but if your foot is extremely narrow, try them on first.
- Long-Distance Running: just wanted to point out that while these are versatile, I ran my most recent 10km races and my first half marathon in these.
SUMMARY (WOULD I BUY AGAIN, WOULD I RECOMMEND):
Would I purchase another pair? Yes. 100%
Do I love these sneakers? I really, really like the look, but I LOVE the fit/performance.
Would I recommend them to a girlfriend? Yes! I would recommend them to a girlfriend, my sister and my mom. They’re that versatile. And, I feel good about the price point for the quality! Half of my clients wears GEL CUMULUS trainers during our workouts!
Overall, the ASICS GEL CUMULUS SHOE is 1 of the 2 most comfortable sneakers I own. I find I wear them a lot because of how easy they are to slip into.
They offer all day comfort and are the most versatile sneaker for workouts. In my opinion, that makes them a smart purchase. They’re available in so many colours that there is something for everyone. This is part of the reason I have 3 pairs.